This wasn’t the prettiest concoction, but it was DELICIOUS! The perfect combination of comforting and nourishing. This stoup is perfect for Sunday afternoons, lazy days and weeknight leftovers. See recipe below.
1 cup Medley Lentils (Whole Foods)
1 can Trader Joe’s Garbanzo Beans
2 cup carrots, raw + chopped
2 cups celery, raw + chopped
1 cup Trader Joe’s Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes
4 cups butternut squash; peeled + cubed (reserve 2 cups to roast)
8 cups Wegman’s Vegetable Stock
1 red onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
4 cups Tuscan Kale, raw + chopped
2 whole lemons, squeezed
fresh parsley, finely chopped
fresh basil, finely chopped
fresh rosemary, finely chopped
salt + pepper to taste
- Add first seven ingredients into crock pot. Place on high for 4-5 hours. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Immediately after, add chopped onion and garlic into skillet with olive oil. Once mixture has become caramelized and fragrant, add to crock pot.
- Add reserved 2 cups of butternut squash to parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for about 40-45 minutes, until browned. Allow to cool on drying rack and reserve for later.
- After about 4 hours, remove 4 cups of crock pot mixture and place into a blender. Add roasted butternut squash, 1/2 cup of olive oil, basil + rosemary. Return blended mixture to crock pot and combine.
- Add finely chopped Tuscan kale, fresh parsley, lemon juice + salt/pepper. Stir. Cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Turn crock pot off and allow mixture to settle.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite rustic bread (following any dietary restrictions, of course!).