These cakes are sure to leave your tastebuds + belly satisfied! The best part: they’re gluten-free, diary-free + vegan. See recipe below.
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (optional: sub steel cut oats, almond or garbanzo flour)
1 T Baking Soda
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T Local Honey (optional: sub agave, monk fruit syrup)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree, canned
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 T Wegman’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Place all dry ingredients into mixing bowl and combine. Add in wet ingredients and mix to create batter. Allow batter to sit and thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is warm, add small amount of coconut oil or coconut oil spray and pour 1/3 of cake batter on the pan. Allow to cook 2-3 minutes then flip. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on second side.
- Transfer to drying rack to cool.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for two more cakes.
- Ingredients can be blended together instead of mixed
- Recipe can be divided into smaller servings or easily doubled
- Nutrition information can be found in My Fitness Pal as “Fluffy Pumpkin Cakes – Vegan”